NEW FOR 2015
GRASSLAND SUB-SOILER with tractor & driver:
designed and engineered machine which does an excellent job with minimal surface disruption.. The sub soiling effect
leads to much improved drainage and higher yields of grass over the season.
Compaction starts at the surface and builds progressively throughout the soil profile often to considerable depths preventing water penetration and the movement and up-take of all essential elements. As the soil particles pack closer and closer together pore space is eliminated and the soil is devoid of air and water, thus denying grass plants the “essentials of life”.
An appropriate aeration program can increase worm population and activity, and transform shallow rooting to dep rooting. This in turn will increase pasture growth. The overall soil structure will be able to drain more freely which will improve plant production in the wet and the increased root depth will improve grass production in dry conditions. Independent tests have shown an average dry matter increase of over 20% in a fifteen month period.
Grassland Sub-soil Features:
Sprung loaded disks cut a neat slot through the sod.
• Low lift point lifts the soil structure evenly across the profile giving good lift with minimal soil disruption.
• Hydraulic auto-reset for reliable performance and maximum output. Allows break-back pressure to be varied to suit conditions.
• Rubber mounted main pivot (patent pending) allows the leg to oscillate sideways round obstacles increasing protection further.
• Reset trips up and back to minimise stress and prevent stones rising to the surface.
• Smooth roller c/w hydraulic depth adjustment levels the surface and closes the slot for a perfect finish. Also give positive depth control and improved traction.